I Want to Go to There: The Marlton Hotel

Marlton-Hotel-NYC

1422 Marlton Hotel

the marlton hotel 1

If you ask me, New York does boutique hotels, really, really well. They’re literally everywhere here — and available at every price point and with the requisite awesome design details to boot. I think I heard about The Marlton late last summer, when it was featured in a Vanity Fair article, but through the magic of the Internets, I recently rediscovered it and was so glad I did. The good news is that since The Marlton is located in New York, I really can “go to there” if I want to. But, oh, how I wish I was an out-of-towner who had an excuse to stay here during my next trip to the Big Apple.

The Marlton is a boutique hotel located in the heart of Greenwich Village, on 8th Street near 5th Avenue. Built in 1900, the hotel recently served as a dormitory for a local college, and has even hosted literary luminaries such as Jack Kerouac. Rooms are small, like in much of New York, but beautifully designed (totally obsessed with these featured ceiling lights!). I’m a big fan of the overall color palette — plenty of black, white, and cream, with bright pops of turquoise sky blue. The striped fur throws gracing the beds are a great touch, too! The mix of traditional, vintage and modern design elements integrate perfectly to create a simple, restrained, oh-so-chic look.

Marlton-Hotel-penthouse-suite

1422 Marlton Hotel

What do you think? Could you stay here on your next trip to NY? Here are a bunch more photos of the hotel and its lovely restaurant and bar:

Marlton-Hotel-Margaux-restaurant-3

1422 Marlton Hotel

the marlton hotel 12

the marlton hotel 4

the marlton hotel 6

Marlton-Hotel-cocktail-bar-2a

1384 Marlton Hotel

Images: Annie Schlecter for the Marlton Hotel, some found via Remodelista. Some information on the hotel also discovered via Remodelista.

1. 4.7.14
    Jasmin said:

Wow! Love it! If I didn’t have free housing (family) and/or I had a real job (post-med school) I would definitely stay there!

2. 4.7.14
    Laura said:

Just fantastic!

3. 4.7.14
    Kayla said:

YES! I could totally stay there.. let’s go!

Kayla

4. 4.7.14
    Abby said:

I could stay there- for sure!!

5. 4.7.14

This hotel looks so nice! I need an excuse now to go stay in the city for a weekend.

6. 4.7.14

Obsessed with the lighting. So pretty

7. 4.7.14

I love that we have family and friends to stay with when we go to NYC but at the same time I wish I could stay at a fabulous hotel like this! Maybe drinks next visit at least…

8. 4.7.14
    Valerie said:

This looks incredible and so luxurious! I would love to stay there too.

9. 4.7.14
    Lily said:

Bring me in your suitcase!

x Lily

10. 4.7.14
    Maria said:

Amazing! Makes me wish I was a tourist sometimes instead of a native, but one can always find a good reason to stay in beautiful places like that once in awhile!

11. 4.7.14
    Emily said:

Gorgeous! I’ve definitely bookmarked this for when I finally (!) make my trip to NYC. I liked the color palette too- the mix of modern with traditional gets me every time.

12. 4.8.14
    Deirdre said:

This is dreamy! I love boutique hotels in NYC. It’s fun to save up for a special occasion and treat yourself to a night or a weekend at one!

13. 4.14.14
    Rose said:

I recently did a “stay-cation” when a friend was in town, at the NoMad hotel on Broadway & 28th. It was AMAZING…not only was it great to be in the city but somewhere new, the hotel itself was exquisite and their customer service was incredible.