What happens if you take a week and a half off from work, don’t go travel anywhere, celebrate Christmas, and still have the Internet at your disposal? You end up obsessed with all the things I’ve listed here. Over the last week and a half or so, I’ve had so much fun doing absolutely nothing at home. I had time to do some online shopping, play with Christmas gifts, and watch waaaay too much TV. It was glorious! And some of the things I
wasted spent time on were so glorious, I wanted to share them here. Check it:
(1) I’m glad I didn’t go too nuts during Black Friday, because I feel like the post-holiday sales right now are even better. I picked up one of these two-tone sweaters at Club Monaco and my first ever fur vest, plus these loafers at Barney’s for 65% off (they come in other colors too!). J. Crew is still offering an extra 40% off sale items, and J. Crew Factory is offering an extra 40% off clearance, too. Get while the getting’s good!
(2) Joe surprised me with a juicer for Christmas, and we’ve been juicing maniacs. I’ve been experimenting with lots of different fruit and veg combos; the good news is, we haven’t had to throw out any produce since opening this thing — they really are the best “dispose-alls”! I’m going to share a juice recipe soon, so stay tuned. As for how I like our particular juicer, I really, really love it. It does a great job, the juice stays cold, and clean up is simple (especially if you get these bags to go with the machine). I also like that the entire thing breaks down into smaller pieces, which helps if you’re strapped for storage like we are.
(3) Alex mentioned Unroll.Me on Facebook the other day, and I seriously don’t know how I lived without this service before now. Basically, you sync it to your email, and it allows you to auto-remove yourself from email subscriptions, and bundle up all the ones you actually still want to receive. Instead of receiving 34,789 subscription emails a day, you get one “Roll Up” per day, at a time you choose, which condenses all your subscriptions into easy-to-view tiles. Click on the ones you want to read, or ignore/delete the entire Roll Up. It makes your Inbox so much cleaner!
(4) I spent waaaay too much time on Pinterest, re-organizing some boards and creating new ones. In addition to an entire board devoted to Champagne, I now also have ones featuring things that are gold and sparkly, monograms, weekend mornings and ballet. Like I said, this is what happens if you’re chillin’ in front of the TV with a good WiFi connection. Check ’em all out here! (Sidenote: via a few pins, I discovered this amazing lettering Tumblr. Aaand this is why I love Pinterest)
(5) Wow, you guys weren’t kidding about Scandal. We fixed a glitch with our Netflix and Amazon streaming (we hadn’t had streaming TV of any kind since we moved here!) and proceeded to binge watch a lot of Scandal. And by a lot, I mean all 3 seasons. Yes, we are completely caught up. If you’re not already on it, I suggest you hop on the bandwagon. This is some addictive TV! Sometimes hokey and completely implausible, yes…but good nonetheless!
Did you become obsessed with anything over the holiday break?
SHOP THIS POST:
Image Credits: Green Juice, Jamie Chung for Bon Appetit; Kerry Washington, Horst Diekgerdes for Elle