I was organizing my closet the other day when it occurred to me there are a few items I’ll purchase over and over again, just because I love them so much or they fit so well into my life (and lifestyle). A particular pair of pants, a casual tee, the perfect formula of eye shadow…they’re things I’ll unapologetically buy in every color (if I can!).
At the top of the list for me are silk shirts, for sure. In a perfect world, I would buy an Equipment silk shirt in every color (and style), but realistically, more affordable options from J.Crew, Banana Republic, and even Joe Fresh fill my closet more than the designer ones (all still faves, though!). I’ve also been known to indulge in a pair or two of Minnies, and I have about five of these racerback tanks from Gap that double as both workout tanks and pajamas.
Everything above is something I’ve bought in additional colors, just because I loved the original so much. What about you? Is there something you do (or would) buy in every color?
Here’s a little bit more about why these are my favorites:
1. J. Crew Tippi Sweater (I love it because of the fit, the feel, and all the colors and patterns it comes in!)
2. J.Crew Cece Ballet Flats (I really love the way they tilt up at the front. I think it just looks really flattering on the feet. I originally got a pair of leather ones, then bought suede ones with studs on them!)
3. J. Brand jeans (they just look so good on. I bought them in a blue wash a few years ago and just recently in black!)
4. Everlane tees (so comfy, and so many colors. They’re about to release the new Ryan collection too — I’m curious to check out the updated fit!)
5. Ilia Multisticks (can you tell I’m obsessed with this brand? The Multisticks are perfect for both cheek and lips)
6. Silk blouses (I love this one from Equipment, but some of my faves are also from J.Crew and Banana)
7. J. Crew Minnie pants (for me they’re comfy and can be dressed up or down)
8. RMS Cream Eye Shadow (the perfect amount of buildable coverage, the shades offered are really pretty and can work for day or night. I love the Seduce and Magnetic shades.)
9. GapFit Breathe Camis (they’re perfect for yoga, pilates, barre, running — just add a sports bra)