6.14.13

mellow yellow

This week I…

+ discovered plenty of amazing restaurants in our temporary neighborhood. The Smile, East Village Thai, Tacombi, and tonight, dinner at Boukiés. This neighborhood itself isn’t our fave, but damn if it doesn’t have some good dining options.

+ shared my picks for wall mounted lighting over on the Euro Style Lighting blog (wall mounts will be a must in our new place, to help save space!). Did you know I write for their blog each month? You should check it out — there are a lot of fab bloggers contributing, many of which you definitely know!

+ am loving Julie’s easy recipe for sweet tea vodka with mint. She’s absolutely right — I can’t think of a more summery cocktail!

+ fed my wanderlust by following along on Jacquelyn’s adventures on the Amalfi Coast. So, so incredible. Who wants to plan a trip?

+ officially updated my About page — this must mean I’m officially a New Yorker. I can’t believe that on Tuesday we’ll have been here for a month!

+ am really looking forward to a blogger get together next week. Lisa is going to be in NYC, and after what feels like years of knowing one another and working together, we’ll finally get to meet! Hitha is kindly hosting us and Clara over at her home…should be fun and I’m sure we’ll all be instagramming.

What are you up to this weekend? The weather will be warm and sunny, and I’m thinking a picnic in Central Park might be in order. Lucy will appreciate the wide expanses of lawn…and Joe and I will appreciate sitting in the sun, drinking wine. Win, win! Wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

{Image Credit: Emerson Fry, Summer 2013}

1. 6.14.13
    Abby said:

I noticed your updated About Me page and whoohoo you’re an official New Yorker! Have a lovely weekend!

2. 6.14.13

If you’re looking for good food around there and are a fan of Ramen, you should try Ippudo. SO good, I recommend the Akamaru Modern.

3. 6.14.13

So excited for dinner on Monday!

4. 6.14.13
    kelsey said:

love that emerson fry photo! have a great weekend
    kw, ladies in navy

5. 6.14.13

Wait – you’ve been there for A MONTH already? HOW? I swear you just got there!

And thanks for the link love my dear. Much appreciated :)

6. 6.14.13

SO excited for Monday! Finally!

7. 6.14.13
    taylor said:

k now I really want to honeymoon in Italy…. I was all ready for beach Caribbean mentality… then my friend just got back from greece and I wanted greece, and now I am back to Italy!

and thanks for the update on my blog about the bachelorette…. I’m off to google the playmate and all the drama. I hate when they make everything all fake and manufactured! have a great weekend :)

8. 6.14.13
    Rose said:

My weekend’s going to be full of running around and last minute errands before a trip-with the Cubs/Mets game at Citi Field on Saturday to give me something fun to look forward to! Crazy to think you’ve been here nearly a month already, but it sounds like you’re happy with it :)

Rose
    Blonde in this City

9. 6.14.13
    Linda said:

If you like greek food, check out Pylos in the East Village as well! It is one of my favorite greek places in the city. My other favs for the neighborhood include breakfast at Peels, a burger at DBGB, tapas at Cata, and the cakes at Black Hound are sinfully divine.

10. 6.14.13
    Josie said:

You dont like the east village?! Thats too bad =/ I love my neighborhood.

11. 6.14.13

It’s so funny that you mentioned that sweet tea vodka creation — it’s on my list for bringing to a housewarming party this weekend! Tastes like summer!

12. 6.15.13

Sounds like you guys are settling in. New York is the greatest city in the world.

13. 6.17.13
    Meghan said:

I finally have a moment to breath so I am totally going to go through these links , thanks for sharing .

Meghan Silva’s Blog

14. 6.18.13
    CC said:

some other EV suggestions:
    + Northern Spy (great Brunch, southern style)
    + Frankies (amazing pasta place, cash only)
    + Cafe Mogador (favorite spot, most incredible moroccan/middle eastern food)
    + bowery hotel for cocktails
    + westville east (when you want to order delivery and are in desperate need of veggies)
    + liquiteria (great juice bar)
    + tu-lu’s gluten free bakery (even if you’re not GF it’s so good)

enjoy! you may learn to love the EV :)