5.31.13

warm palette

This week I…

+ had another busy week getting settled in to New York! We found a sublet, which we move into tomorrow (a big thanks to reader Tiffany for making the referral that led to this!); I fly to SF tomorrow morning to pick up Miss Lucy (and fly back in the afternoon…ouch); and all our stuff arrives from SF today, so I’ll be spending the morning with our movers, getting it put into storage. Hopefully after this weekend, we can settle into a relative calm for the next six weeks until we officially move into our new apartment!

+ loved seeing this gorgeous office space (and a few other spaces from her home too!)

+ haven’t cooked a proper meal in a lonnngggg time, and I can’t wait until we’re in a real apartment this weekend. I might just have to try this recipe.

+ ordered in with Seamless three times. See above. And don’t judge.

+ got to thinking about competition, thanks to this post. My take? It’s good if it forces you to evolve and look closely at your work; bad if it leads to jealousy, or brings you or others down. What do you think?

+ want to remind you that today is the LAST day you can enter the $250 MATINE giveaway! Click right over here to submit your entry. It’s easy!

Ummm, let’s talk about the fact that it’s June. Tomorrow. As in, almost half the year is gone. 2012 moved at a snail’s pace compared to 2013. Then again, I guess I’ve had a lot going on!

What are your plans this weekend? After my marathon 16 hour round trip puppy pick up adventure to SF tomorrow, I have a feeling I’ll be taking it easy Sunday. Joe is taking care of moving us into our sublet on Saturday, inclusive of stopping by the grocery to stock our kitchen (finally!). I think catching up on shows and making a home cooked meal are definitely in order.

Wherever you are this weekend, make it a good one!

{Image Credit: Lonny, September 2012}

1. 5.31.13

Even though it will be exhausting to do that flight turn around, having your fur child with you will make it really feel like home.

2. 5.31.13

Good luck with everything. I know moving can be super stressful and annoying.
    What neighborhood are you evenly moving too.
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

• 5.31.13
      vmacandcheese said:

Our permanent apartment is on the UES!

3. 5.31.13

I’m going to be in NYC this weekend! Going on a weekend trip with my husband’s family & cannot wait.

And I definitely am not good with competition. I’m not a sports person & am not motivated by competing with others, usually I end up comparing myself & getting stressed out! I’ve started to do that more & more w/my blog & now that I’ve noticed this is not helping my blog or my enjoyment of it, I’ve tried to stop comparing. Other than that I save my competition for games w/my husband b/c he always wins & he drives me nuts :)

4. 5.31.13
    Sarah said:

So glad you’ll be reunited with Lucy! Although, you’re brave to do a round trip in one day. Happy weekend!

5. 5.31.13

I loved Emily’s office space, too! She is so talented and a sweet person, too. I’m so excited that you found a sublet and even more excited that Miss Lucy is coming home. Have a safe trip!

6. 5.31.13
    Alexa said:

That lamb meatballs and polenta recipe looks really good. I just sent the link to my Dad (who loves to cook), trying to drop hints that perhaps he should make that when I next visit! Haha!

7. 5.31.13
    Abby said:

Hope you have safe travels tomorrow and yes 2013 has absolutely flown by compared to any other year. I mean goodness gracious, it’s June? And I know when I say this I’m speaking for a lot of your readers that we can’t wait for you to be in an apartment again because that will probably mean more yummy recipe posts!!
    xx
    Abby

• 5.31.13
      vmacandcheese said:

Yes, it’s true! I haven’t been able to do recipe posts living in a hotel! :)

8. 5.31.13
    Alex said:

Glad the competition post got you thinking. Its been on my mind a lot lately. So glad you found a home!! xoxo

9. 5.31.13

safe travels to you and little lucy!

10. 5.31.13
    Lindsay said:

Thank you for the shout out Victoria! You must be so excited to see Lucy – I am sure she will be so thrilled to see you! Good luck with the move! xo

11. 5.31.13
    kelsey said:

what a gorgeous space
    kw ladies in navy

12. 5.31.13
    Ame said:

Wow, that’s a lot of flying in one day! Safe travels.

Congrats on the sublet, hopefully everything from SF arrives safely and you can get a little reprieve from this state of flux you’ve been in til your new place is ready for you!

13. 5.31.13

Thank you so very much for the love! Made me all sorts of happy to see that link. :) Best wishes for your trip and a restful Sunday!

14. 5.31.13

San Fran there and back in one day! Wow, I know you will be glad to get settled.

15. 6.10.13
    Tiffany said:

I’m glad the temp. apt worked out for you!