The Bling Ring

the bling ring movie bling ring movie bling ring

I’m oddly excited to check out Sofia Coppola’s latest flick, The Bling Ring, which hits theatres later in June. Do you remember this story? Several years back, a whole bunch of random celebs had their homes burglarized. Turns out, the thieves were a bunch of early twenty somethings who were way too into celeb culture…and decided to break into stars’ homes, steal things, and in some cases, re-sell them. Crazy.

I’m loving the pick of Emma Watson for this film (it’s something so different for her!), and can’t wait to see how Sofia Coppola (she of Marie Antoinette fame) interprets the story. You can check out the trailer for The Bling Ring here, and definitely read the Vanity Fair article that gives great background on the story and helped to inspire the movie!

{Image Credits: The Bling Ring via Business Insider; second and third images from the movie’s trailer}

1. 5.21.13

I’m dying to see this as well. Movie date!

2. 5.21.13
    Rachel said:

I love Emma Watson, so this should be interesting. However, I think it’s weird that they made a movie about the stupid rich kids (I watched their E! reality TV show.. horrible!)

• 5.21.13
      vmacandcheese said:

You should definitely read the VF article!

3. 5.21.13

This looks like the perfect guilty pleasure flick for a girls’ night — absurd yet engrossing, looking forward to it!

• 5.21.13
      vmacandcheese said:

‘Absurd yet engrossing’ is the best way I could describe this entire story. Great comment!

4. 5.21.13
    kelsey said:

this looks so good!
    ladies in navy

5. 5.21.13

Ah yes had no idea they were making a movie about this…looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

6. 5.21.13
    Nnenna said:

Yes, I’m excited to see it too- it actually looks pretty good from the trailer! And I’m also curious to see Emma Watson in this totally different role.

7. 5.21.13
    Kayla said:

Um.. yes.. me too! Secretly excited as well!! Haha! : )

Kayla

8. 5.21.13
    Alyssa said:

I’m really interested in seeing this movie–both for the fashion and for the storyline. I think it speaks to some really interesting points on how completely enthralled we are as a society with celebrity culture. I’m looking forward to it–plus, Sophia is one of my favorite directors!

9. 5.21.13

Saw the trailer and can’t wait for this. I love pretty much everything Sofia Coppola does.

10. 5.21.13

I’m dying, too! We should go see it together since YOU WILL BE HERE!

11. 5.21.13
    The Now said:

When I first heard about the movie, I was skeptical and then I heard Sofia Coppola directed it and was kind of baffled. But now that I’ve seen a preview, I really want to see it. Did you see that show on E! with one of the bling ring girls?? Disgusto!! Thanks for the link to the VF article. I can’t wait to read it.

12. 5.21.13

I just watched perks of being a wallflower with Emma Watson and I have a major new found appreciation for her!

13. 5.22.13

Yes!! I’m so excited for this!