Next up is Gabrielle from Savvy Home. Gab was recently in Napa so her picks definitely come from experience!
A month ago, I was having lunch with Victoria in beautiful San Francisco, right before heading off for my first trip ever to Californian wine country. Even though I’m terribly excited to have Victoria move on our side of the continent, I can understand the pinch of nostalgia she must feel to be leaving that magical place.
We had very little time in wine country overall (two days), but still managed to pack a lot in: driving around the beautiful vineyards, tasting some incredible wines, eating great local food, visiting local galleries and sneaking in some much deserved pampering at Calistoga Ranch.
All in all, we had the best time, but it was much too short. If I had to do wine country over again, I’d plan at least a week (ideally two), and this is what I’d bring along:
1. J.Crew Liberty Floral Bikini Top and Bottom: Because one of the best thing about Napa Valley is Calistoga Ranch spa, you’ll want to bring a cute bikini, trust me!
2. Madewell Holepunch Flat Sandals in Tan: Cute comfortable flat sandals that are perfect for wine country.
3. Bodas Silk Pajama Set: Super cute and a little sexy, this silk pajamas are perfect for a romantic getaway.
4. J.Crew Pixie Jodhpur Pant: I’m dying for a pair of these pants for travelling: comfortable, stylish and wrinkle proof!
5. Madewell Denim Boyshirt in Saltstone Wash: A classic essential to any vacation.
6. John Derian Melamine Faience Italo-Nivernais Plates: Because it doesn’t get much better than a wine infused picnic in wine country. Might as well eat it in style!
7. Kate Spade Bay Terrace Kristie Canvas Crossbody Bag: A crossbody bag made out of cork. Need I say more?