10.12.12

This week I…

+ had a two and a half hour meeting at our wedding venue to do a final walk through and nail down lots of getting-towards-the-end details. As of tomorrow, we’re T minus 3 weeks, people. Hey, remember when we got engaged in January?

+ had the best facial I’ve EVER had at local gem Ensoma. I’m almost hesitant to write about Marion because it’s already tough to get an appointment with her, but if you’re a local SF gal, look her up!

+ completely forgot to mention that I guest posted over on the Beso blog last week, sharing my top 10 must haves for fall (since writing the post, a few of these items have become a reality, like this jacket, which is my absolute favorite!).

+ lit a new candle in my favorite scent. That sounds so simple, but I love opening up the lid of a fresh, new candle and lighting the wick for the first time! It’s the little things, I guess.

+ am in TV heaven. This is the best time of year, when all the shows come back on and our DVR fills up. What are you watching? Right now I can’t get enough of 30 Rock, Dexter, Homeland, basically anything on Bravo, and (this one might surprise you!) South Park. We might also have been recording The Voice, but this is something I can neither confirm nor deny.

LINK OF THE WEEK: A couple to share! Did you know my girl Tobe has been back to blogging for about a month now? In the last week she’s shared two homes that I’m totally obsessing over (she really finds the best stuff!). You guys know I’m a total skincare junkie, so I was excited to see Grace’s picks for her favorite facial oils. I’d only heard of two of these, so you can bet I’ll be keeping my eye out for the others to see if they’re really miracles in a bottle! And obvi, Mackenzie’s post about freelancing and letting people do their thang. So good!

Happy weekend, everyone!

{Image Credit: Weekday Carnival}

1. 10.12.12

South Park…. ahh… I have tried to pretend I don’t like it over the years, but seriously, it is hilarious. I laugh so hard every time I watch it. If you can possibly add another show to your list – one that your guy would gladly approve as well – check out The League (seasons 1-3 on Netflix). It is SO funny (about these guys who are in a fantasy football league). Have a great weekend!

• 10.12.12
      vmacandcheese said:

Oh yes, we’ve watched all the past seasons on Netflix! :)

2. 10.12.12
    brighton said:

1. totally know what you mean about lighting a candle for the first time! I’m the same way. I actually have a rather unhealthy (for my bank account) obsession with candles. SEriously though, it brings me such joy to buy a new one! and I usually always have one lit!

2. watched some 30 rock last night! My boyfriend loves that show and I must say that I am a huge fan now too – I was cracking up. haha

3. mackenzie’s post was legit. I could tell she felt really strongly about what she was saying and I appreciated that. Her points and thoughts were also very well supported! I love it when she does posts like that one :)

3. 10.12.12

Looks like you had a busy week! I just had a pumpkin crafting night & lit every candle in my apartment lol All spice & pumpkin scented.

I look forward to every Sunday when Dexter is on & Homeland is an absolute favorite!

4. 10.12.12
    Taylor said:

What a week!!! I remember that ‘just a couple more weeks’ count down – one day it felt great, the others not so much! But it will be AWESOME! And your comment about the candle, could.not.agree.more!!! Best!! I love splurging on amazing smelling candles then on a cozy day at home letting them burn for hours & the house smells great!!!

xoxo-T

5. 10.12.12
    lexi said:

Those candles also happen to be so pretty!

And I cannot believe you are getting married in three weeks. Yay! Is it just me or has this year flown by??
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

6. 10.12.12

I need some new candles up in hurr, so thanks for the link. Thanks, too, for the mention! You’re the bestest!

I’m afraid to expose myself here, but E and I love us some How I Met Your Mother, Revenge, NCIS, and Modern Family…in no particular order :)

oxox

7. 10.12.12

Dying to try that candle!!! I’m in TV heaven too… Revenge, Gossip Girl, Modern Family, old 24 episodes, Homeland, Scandal, White Collar… I have problems!! ;)

I can’t believe how close your big day is – too exciting!

8. 10.12.12
    Kathy said:

Wow, you are ridiculously busy. I can’t even imagine writing a blog daily + planning a wedding on top of everything you have going on! AND keeping up w/ an amazing line up of fall TV? You’re basically superwoman : )

• 10.12.12
      vmacandcheese said:

Ha, thank you. I appreciate it. :) One might say that two businesses,
      a wedding, a relationship, and trying to have a life keep me busy!
      Sometimes I feel like I take waaaay too much on, but the truth is,
      I thrive off being busy. The only downside is it’s ridiculously hard
      for me to unplug when I want/need to!

9. 10.12.12

I love Voluspa candles! My current fave is Bella Sucre. They’re just the best scented candles ever!

Have a great wknd :)

10. 10.12.12

I never watched South Park before I got married…now it’s all that Ethan ever wants to watch! Well, that and Family Guy. =)

11. 10.12.12

I know it’s hard to share your secret best-facial-ever source, but as a local gal who hasn’t found a good one yet, I’m thankful!! Happy Friday!

• 10.12.12
      vmacandcheese said:

You will love Marion! She was so awesome.

2nd place, in case you’re interested, would go to
      International Orange on Fillmore. I had a pretty
      good facial there several years ago!