It’s no secret that when it comes to style, I like to borrow from the boys. I was cleaning out a drawer in my closet the other day and realized how true this was…some of my favorite sweaters are “stolen” from Joe! It got me thinking about what other things of his I really love. Here are my favorite items I’ve borrowed from my boy:
1. One of the first gifts I ever gave Joe was a hunter green silk blend wool sweater from Banana Republic. It never really fit him that well (it’s a little small) and oddly enough, he was never a huge fan of the color. On me, it’s loose and baggy, but the silk makes it seem dressier somehow. Paired with skinnies and flats, with the sleeves rolled up? Don’t mind if I do!
2. Joe has given me no less than two pairs of his old sunglasses. His most recent donation, some Ray Ban aviators, are my fave.
3. I accidentally shrank a heather blue wool sweater of his once (and by accidentally, I mean, it WAS an accident, but the end result just worked out in my favor). The poor thing was so shrunken, it would’ve looked like a baby tee on Joe (ha, remember baby tees??). On me? Perfect. Cropped just below the waist, fitted, soft. I like to pair it with a chambray shirt underneath for a mix of blue tones.
4. In our family, I’m the one responsible for buying toiletries and keeping our bathroom stocked up. Joe’s kind of a tough cookie to please in this department, because he’s particular in what he thinks smells good and in finding products that work for him. So when Ursa Major sent me some samples of their line of skincare products (thanks, guys!), I was thrilled that he really liked them. He wondered why the face wash ran out so quickly…it may or may not have been because I liked it too! Whoops.
5. I mean, isn’t this one obvious? Old hand me down men’s shirts make the BEST sleep shirts. Plus, they’re undeniably sexy. Extra points when they still smell like your beau’s cologne.
What do you like to borrow from the boys?