Sarah Yates is one of my blogging heroes. Not only because her blog A House in the Hills is gorgeous, and her content fresh and inspiring, but she manages to achieve a feat that few bloggers can in this day and age: the majority of everything you see on her site is original content. I would say that 98% of the photos you see — her delicious cooking projects, pretty interiors shots, on trend outfit posts, and yes, even those adorable pups of hers — were all taken by her or her husband Lou. So impressive!! I was beyond happy when she agreed to do BTS today so that we could all learn a little more about her. Here’s Sarah!
1. Bora Bora
2. Daintree National Park, Australia (where the rainforest goes right up to the beach!)
3. The Maldives – I’m dying to stay in a hut over the water
4. Lindos, Rhodes Islands in Greece- this place looks magical
Get more Sarah, after the jump!
1. Beard, by Matthew Rainwaters: a book by one of my best friends, full of amazing photos!
2. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris: one of my favorite authors and his latest book, can’t wait to read!
3. The Lovers Dictionary by David Levithan: this got great reviews and i’m intrigued!
4. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: i’ve been working on being more present, hoping this book might be able to help!
5. Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson (love her blog 101 Cookbooks, want to get this book)
We’re working on our dream home, hoping to grow our little family if we’re so lucky, and most of all I hope that we have the time and inclination to slow down and appreciate life and each other.
These days I’m trying to get better at cooking — and posting recipes on my blog is helping! We’re also trying to buy a house, which means lots and lots of squirreling away pennies!
Lately the thing I’m dreaming about most is a tropical getaway (see my 5 places for a visual). I can’t stop thinking about sinking my toes into some warm sand, splashing around in turquoise waters and spending lazy days napping in the sun. Some days it’s really all I can think about!
We live in the hills in Los Angeles, and since it’s really the story of our family it seemed appropriate.
My most favorite place for inspiration lately is Pinterest- it’s my perfect gateway to a million other sources of inspiration on the big wide interweb and I love it so much for that.
My proudest achievement is that my husband and I have truly created our dream life – an amazing love and marriage, two dogs who bring us an endless amount of joy, a home that keeps us cozy and inspired. We’ve had our share of personal and career successes, but I think happiness is the grandest achievement of them all.
I started blogging for my wedding photography business in 2008. And then my husband and I started a personal blog in 2009. After a year we got too busy to keep it up. In 2011 we picked it back up and I’m loving it even more this second time around! I keep doing it because of the sweet, wonderful people it brings into our lives (like you!)