1. It wouldn’t be a holiday without a fire in our fireplace!
2. Mistletoe we’ve had up for a few weeks. Ribbon and hang job by Joe. Nice, huh? It’s starting to dry out, but Joe says he wants to keep it up all year. I think he likes meeting me underneath it. :)
3. Ridiculously good roasted white corn, zucchini and monterey jack tamales from Primavera. We had these along with…
4. … chili for Christmas Eve dinner. This is an annual tradition that my family has done as long as I can remember, so even though I was on my own this year, I kept it going.
5. Our stockings hung by the chimney with care.
6. Christmas dinner. A lasagna fit for a king. So delicious, I had one too many pieces…and still felt the effects hours later. (Thank goodness for elastic waistbands!)
7. Christmas Eve Eve game night! A lot of fun when it proceeds…
8. …Christmas Eve Eve Mexican food dinner! We tried a new-to-us place in North Beach, Don Pisto’s, and fell in love with their spicy micheladas, and margaritas made from agave wine, instead of tequila (so unique!).
9. A pretty wreath that’s been scenting our living room.
What was your holiday weekend like?