Guess Where These Pants Are From

old navy printed pixie pants

pixie pants from old navy on sale!

printed pixie pants from old navy - $35

This is pretty much what I have said on repeat any time I wear these pants. No, not because I go around accosting people on the subway and randomly asking them about my pants (although…). But because any time I wear these puppies, someone will compliment me on them. Don’t you love when that happens? When it comes to pieces in your wardrobe, that’s always how you know you’ve found a real winner.

But I actually love wearing these pants because it’s kind of fun to surprise people when I tell them where they’re from. Can you guess? They’re from Old Navy. Yes, for reals! I wasn’t kidding when I said I think they’ve upped their game. Old Navy was kind enough to send me a couple pair of pants from their new pixie pant line, and I won’t lie — I was skeptical. I mean, I’ve had really good experiences with Old Navy’s denim, and more recently, with their sweaters. But for a long time, my go-to skinny pant has been the J.Crew Minnie (big fan). Given how much I liked the fabric and fit of those, I felt like Old Navy’s pixies would have to be amazingly good, even at their low price point.

Y’all. I think I like them better (shh, don’t tell J.Crew).

rebecca minkoff bag

old navy pixie pants - $35

old navy pixie pants on sale

I was pleasantly surprised by how thick the pant fabric is, and how forgiving and stretchy they are as well. These pants fit like a glove (I got them in the petite size, since I’m short). I’ve been wearing this pair on repeat — to business meetings, girls dinners, dates with Joe, and with this lace tee for a casual, easy look (um, yeah, yet another thing I was pleasantly surprised by…I really like this line of slub knit tees!). What blows my mind is that the pants are all $35 and under. Total no-brainer, right? I got a pair of the pixies in black too, and they actually remind me of my favorite work pants from Banana Republic. You know, the ones that used to be an office staple and would make an appearance 2 or 3 times a week (but were more than double the cost).

Super cool deal Old Navy is running right now: first, all their pixie pants are on sale for $25 (TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!) until March 16. I seriously cannot get over that price point given how similar these pants are to ones that are basically $100. The other cool thing is that if you buy a pair of the pixie pants in store on or before March 16, you get a free white pocket tee from Old Navy’s slub knit tee line. Amy Poehler does a great job of explaining it here (ha!).

Below are a bunch of my fave pants from the pixie pant line. What do you think? Which color or print would you go with? And of course — did you guess that my pants were from Old Navy?
old-navy-pixie-pants

SHOP MY FAVE PIXIES:

OTHER PIECES IN THIS POST:
Pixie Pants – Old Navy (gifted) | Pleated Blue Silk Blouse – Anthropologie (old) | White Overcoat – J.Crew (very old, somewhat similar coats here and here) | Bag – Rebecca Minkoff  | Shoes – Elizabeth and James (old)

Images of Victoria by Yvonne Rock Photography; graphics by Victoria McGinley for vmac+cheese. This post is sponsored by Old Navy and the pants I’m wearing in the photos were given to me by the brand, but believe you me, all opinions are my own.

1. Andrea said: replied:

Great outfit! These pants really are awesome. Old Navy has landed so many hits recently. Definitely a brand to considert, when it comes to ‘trendy’ pieces.
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

2. Jessica said: replied:

I love these pants on you. I’ve been wearing BR’s “Sloan” fit pants that look awfully similar to these. Did you go with your normal size?

3. Katy Byrne said: replied:

You look great! I would never guess Old Navy

4. Tiffany @ Savor Home said: replied:

I have seen so many cute things from Old Navy this season! The pants look great and I love that coat, too!

10 Mar 2014 | Reply
  5. A. You look fabulous! :) B. I am an Old Navy connoisseur, but I haven’t tried these yet… it looks like I will be shopping soon!

6. Nan // Simply Elegant said: replied:

What a great find from Old Navy. Just a few months ago I picked up a few pair of jeans from them, after seeing them pop up on a few blogs, and I love them!! So after being so successful with their jeans, I am definetly interested in checking out these pants. So fun that they come in so many colors but I think I am eyeing the black with the white stripe.

7. Sonya said: replied:

Those pants are so cute and I love them on you! Thank you for reviewing these, I’ve seen the commercials and I’ve been wondering if they’re flattering. I may have to check them out!

8. Molly {Dreams in HD} said: replied:

so many great prints! i definitely need to venture to old navy and try a pair on.

9. alexa said: replied:

Oh wow. They really have stepped up their game! The colors and patterns are so cute and fun! They look great on you Victoria!

10 Mar 2014 | Reply
  10. Oh my gosh, those are amazing! Ever since I discovered their Rockstar jeans, I’ve been an Old Navy lover. I’ll have to give these a try next!

11. Drew Elizabeth said: replied:

Old Navy does it again! Love this Spring outfit Victoria!

12. jillian said: replied:

LOVE those pants, epecially the print (and price doesnt hurt either). xo jillian – cornflake dreams

13. Melissa said: replied:

I was JUST thinking “Old Navy has stepped up their game”! I live in their v-neck tees these days and recently got a couple sweaters too. Will have to check out the pixie pants!

14. Ginet said: replied:

I just got into J. Crew Minnie’s, but if these are more affordable, I gotta check them out. Thanks!

15. Kayla said: replied:

Super cute Victoria! I love them!

Haha and we won’t tell J.Crew.. especially since they are WAYYY cheaper! ; )

Kayla

16. Catherine said: replied:

You look adorable! So chic.

I completely agree about ON! I’ve bought so many things from them in the past few months!

xx

17. iHeartRuthie.com said: replied:

I literally just saw the commercial for these pants and loved them! How wonderful to find you wearing them in your post. And I die for you jacket. Thank you for providing other options for us. : )

18. Rania said: replied:

LOVE THESE! I would definitely choose the one you got because of the line down the side (perfect for slimming!) Definitely going to have to pick a pair up.

19. Emily said: replied:

I love these pants, I’ve been seeing them everywhere! xo

20. Evann Clingan said: replied:

I saw those pants at the Old Navy store about a week ago and wondered what they would look like to try on. I’m going to have to go back now! Love the piping on the sides of the pants.

Enter to win one of TWO Fitbits on EvannClingan.com

21. Ailee said: replied:

I love these! Especially with the boots. I just went to Old Navy and they have these in maternity – couldn’t be happier. Thanks for sharing. xo

22. India H said: replied:

Love these! And a free tee on top of that? Definitely have to make my way to old navy soon! Thanks!

23. Dale Janee said: replied:

I just found your blog and love that you’re wearing Old Navy. I’ve found some of my favorite pieces there actually and you styled this whole look perfectly. Cute title too

xoDale

11 Mar 2014 | Reply
  24. Tori said: replied:

The Amy Pohler commercial alone makes me want these pants! They look so cute on you, I might have to pick up a few pairs!

11 Mar 2014 | Reply
  25. Southland Avenue said: replied:

These are super cute! I LOVE JCrew’s pixie pants (I actually just posted about them today) but I will have to check these out!!
    ~Mary Keller

11 Mar 2014 | Reply
  26. Bethany said: replied:

Ummmm I love these. So many cute prints!!!

12 Mar 2014 | Reply