The Word

peace is when time doesn't matter as it passes by

The mister sent me this quote last week and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. I certainly feel like life has been all zoom zoom zoom the last few months, and correspondingly, peace (and certainly as this definition describes it) is something I’ve really been craving. I’ve been seeking it out in small moments — in a yoga class, on a walk in Central Park — but as the weather turns colder, I can’t help but really look forward to the holidays, when we can slow down, breathe for a moment, and enjoy peace. AKA, a “long winter’s nap.”

In between all the obligations and errands and to-dos that the daily grind brings, how do you create peace in your life?

{Image credit: Victoria McGinley for vmac+cheese}

1. meg said: replied:

I am still trying to find a way to balance this in my life. I’ll let you know when I figure it out! ;)

2. Erica said: replied:

I find peace training for my first full marathon. At times it seems like just another stress in my life, but I remind myself I’m doing something for me and when I’m done it will be a huge accomplishment.

3. Kenzie Swanhart said: replied:

I’ve been moving so fast the past few weeks, I haven’t even had a moment to read my favorite blogs. I’m so happy that the day I decided to get back into my routine and enjoy my favorite part of the morning, I saw this. Beautiful.

X Kenzie

4. Kayla said: replied:

Love this quote and totally needed it this crazy Monday morning! : )

Kayla

5. FripperyVintage said: replied:

My daily yoga routine! I couldn’t function without it!

6. Whitney said: replied:

Ha, I think the best answer to this question (for me, right now) is unfortunately: “I’ll let you know when I figure it out!”

This is certainly a daily challenge…

7. The Yuppie Files said: replied:

I’ve had to learn to slow down since having baby girl. First off there is no point in going crazy with plans because of her schedule, it just doesn’t work! Days of sitting & just holding her at first made me feel a bit useless, but now I’ve realized that she grows up so fast that slowing down & just being with her is the best gift.

We’ll see if I can keep this in mind when I go back to work & suddenly have my plate full again! But she’s really taught me a lot about being at peace & in the moment instead of trying to plan out the next thing.

21 Oct 2013 | Reply
  8. I LOVE this quote. It’s so beautiful and so, so true. I’ve been looking for peace lately, too. It seems like as life gets faster, it is harder and harder to come by. I always get anxious about time flying by too fast. I love the idea of just resting in what is.

21 Oct 2013 | Reply
  9. Yoga always works for me! And sitting perfectly still, even if it is only for 3 minutes, always leaves me feeling at peace (though sitting perfectly still is a lot harder than it sounds!)

21 Oct 2013 | Reply
  10. Trying so hard to truly unplug on the weekends. I have a hard time not checking email!

11. Kayla said: replied:

Just reading that makes me feel peaceful. So true! Thanks for sharing!

12. Christine B. said: replied:

Peace comes to me when I put down my phone and any other screens and read. It doesn’t quite matter where it is: coffee shop, my apartment, or somewhere outside. It’s so good for my soul.

13. jillian said: replied:

wonderful quote! i like to try to do pilates or reading at night calms my mind down :) xo jillian – cornflake dreams

14. A very true quote and a mantra,

22 Oct 2013 | Reply
  15. PEARLSPEAK said: replied:

mmm, yoga and central park are good places to seek it within. I’m a fan of taking a Sabbath and protecting it ferociously. Sabbath activities usually encompass reading, no phone answering, no emailing, copious amounts of Netflix time, sitting and listening to worship music… sigh

22 Oct 2013 | Reply