Where am I? What day is it? Is this real life? You may note from the collage timestamp that I churned this puppy out at 5:30am. Yes, as in 5:30am today. I have no idea what I am doing up at this hour, except that I do. Let me end the incoherent rambling by telling you that our flight in SF that we boarded yesterday morning at 11:15am didn’t actually leave the ground in SF until about 7pm, putting us back in NY around 3am (versus the previously scheduled, far more reasonable 8:30pm). At which point I couldn’t sleep so I figured I’d just stay up and write posts. I’m insane, I know.
Travel disasters notwithstanding, we had an amazing time back in California over the weekend. It was just what the doctor ordered — not only to see our friends, but also to see our old home. I came back inspired, rested (well, sort of), and feeling good! The weekend away gave my mind some space to wander and browse and pinpoint a few things I’m loving. Here are my latest obsessions:
1. This sentence will start off like a bad joke, but Joe walked in to an Apple store in SF…and got a new iPhone 5s. No line, no nothing. The kid has ridiculously good luck. Me? I’m coveting the new gold version, which is most definitely sold out. I’ll wait however long it takes though — I have to say, the new phone is pretty amazing, and it’s all the better in gold!
2. The wedding we attended was at Beltane Ranch, and it really was this gorgeous. A good time had by all — and big congrats to the bride and groom! Triple points for creating a wedding hashtag.
3. I’m really into clutches and small bags for fall. There’s the “never-in-a-million-years” one I recently swooned over; the far more reasonable “adorable-and-affordable-but-would-I-wear-this-more-than-once” option; and then of course, there’s a practical, have-it-forever option that doubles as both a casual side body bag AND camera bag. In fact, that’s what this last one is — a camera bag from ONA. They’ve totally reinvented what a camera bag should be! (Psst — I was recently featured on their blog too!)
4. I think I’ve found the lamps I’ll be ordering for our office desks! Hello, black and brass perfection.
5. Fave new facial oil. All organic, smells like roses, it’s amazing. I use it at night, and if I really want extra moisture, combine it with Skin Food or layer this serum on top of it. (Full disclosure: the kind people at MUN sent this to me, but I’m so glad they did!)
6. I downloaded this book for the trip and finally got to dive in on the way back to NY. So far, I really love it — the format is interesting and fun, the characters hilarious, misanthropic, and fascinating. I’m looking forward to finishing it this weekend!
7. Ohhh, SF. We really, really missed you. It was so beautiful flying over the city with the sun setting and the fog creeping in. I felt like I was saying goodbye to an old friend…but it wasn’t as sad as when we flew out in May. I know we’ll be back someday.
This post was so rambling, but kind of fun. Now you know what the inside of my brain looks like after several days of drinking, 15 hours of travel, and far too many good times in a 5 day period. Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!