Major trend I’m loving right now: all the gorgeous, colorful, even floral one-piece swimsuits that are everywhere for summer. I haven’t owned a one-piece in a long time (although actually, I didn’t own a bikini until I was in my early teens — I had this bizarre aversion to showing my midriff when I was little), I guess primarily because so many of the options previously available had been kind of boring. Dowdy…dare I say, even mom-ish. On the other end of the spectrum, there were one-pieces that were a little too risquÃ© for my tastes. I mean, my name is Victoria, but I do not fashion myself a Victoria’s Secret model.
This year, there are so many pretty options that are modern, still sexy, and will make a big statement beach or poolside. Between these nine, I can’t even pick which one I like the best — although, I’m pretty partial to number 7. Something about that retro floral print is screaming my name! But hmm…you can’t go wrong with classic dots either.
What do you think of the resurgence of one-pieces? Do you have a favorite pattern, cut or print?
In this Post:
1. 6 Shore Road Marina One Piece, $138 | 2. Lenny Niemeyer Mimosa Maillot, $223
3. Zimmerman Wanderlust Swimsuit, $310 | 4. ISSA Halter One-Piece, $300
5. J.Crew Mini Pineapple Tank, $110 | 6. Juicy Couture Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot One Piece, $160
7. Nanette Lepore Kimono Floral One Piece, $144 | 8. Marysia Molokai Swimsuit, $285
9. Mara Hoffman Rainbow Printed Swimsuit, $227