Style to Inspire: Kate Jordan

Portfolio | Blog | Twitter | Instagram: katesjordan | Agency

Behold the power of the internet! After I talked about her in this post and featured her amazing work here, Kate emailed me to say thanks and so began a back and forth conversation with one of the coolest ladies I’ve met in a while. Kate, who just moved from Philadelphia (her home was featured on Design*Sponge late last year!) to New York, also recently went through another major change. She left her senior styling position with Anthropologie to go freelance full time. I’m pretty sure that was a good call. A really good call. She’s so freaking talented! Read more about how she got started in prop styling and where she’s headed, right after the jump.

1. Such an inspiration!

2. Annie said: replied:

Great interview!! Loved reading about her journey and decision to go out on her own. Thanks for featuring!

3. lisa said: replied:

she definitely has beautiful taste, and a real knack for creating a gorgeous yet lived in space!
    in dramatic fashion

4. Ana said: replied:

Truly an inspiring post! Whenever I look at a beautiful photograph, what gets my attention the most is prop styling. I’ve really been admiring it, but didn’t know much about it, and it was great to get a sneak peak into the job from someone who has such great taste!

9 Apr 2012 | Reply
  5. amazing interview. thanks for sharing :)

6. Jilly said: replied:

This woman is truly awe-inspiring!!

7. Marionberry Style said: replied:

Awesome interview Victoria. I love when you feature women who have experienced professional success in one form and have “taken the leap” to pursue success with their own endeavour!

XO – Marion

8. erin | houseofearnest said: replied:

love Kate’s feature! hearing what she had to say about going freelance and her path to that point is very inspiring!

9 Apr 2012 | Reply
  9. Love love love this feature!!!! What an inspiration!

10. Kate said: replied:

Great interview! I’m always curious about ladies at leave their cushie jobs to go freelance…it’s a tough decision!

<3 Kate

11. viv said: replied:

Amazingly talented gal! And her story is so great. Senior stylist at Anthro is a job I think I would pretty much kill for. Thanks for the introduction, Victoria!

9 Apr 2012 | Reply
  12. What a fantastic feature! Kate is so talented and it’s nice to hear more about her professional leap.

13. Jessica said: replied:

wow, what amazing work! She truly is an inspiration for loving what you do, and forging your own path! Great feature… I do love the power of the internets!
    xx

14. Petra said: replied:

Hi Victoria,

I’ve recently begun following your blog and I am hooked. However, I just wanted to tell you how meaningful today’s post was to me.
    Today I resigned from my cushy job in finance to become a co-owner and teacher at my family’s ballet & fitness studio! It was very comforting to hear Kate’s words about the transition into starting her own business. I agree that I could never have done this without the amazing support of my family and friends.

So thank you for sharing this truly inspirational interview with us all today.

15. Sarah {High Styling} said: replied:

Thanks for this introduction, her work is amazing! Loved hearing her story and seeing her journey. Very inspirational! One to watch for sure!

16. Chelsea said: replied:

Amazing interview. This is exactly what I want to hear! I love her, I love how your relationship grew so easily. I love her styling. xo

17. Ranu said: replied:

Such a great interview! I love hearing more about the day-to-day for a prop stylist and look forward to seeing more from Kate Jordan in her new freelance venture!

15 Apr 2012 | Reply