Mini-Alt Week: Curating Great Content

This is a big topic. Read more questions and answers after the jump!

Get more downloadable blog resources at The B Bar >>

BLOGGERS
Jeanne, Shop Sweet Things | Bradley, Luella & June | Shannon, I Love Your Crazy | Tamra, Walks With BellaEver Swoon | Alex, Things That Sparkle | Gabrielle, Savvy Home | Liz,So Much to Smile About | Lara, Simply Irresistible | Alyson, The Average Girls Guide | Amber,Amber Interiors | Grace, Stripes and Sequins | Julie, Julip Made | Irene,designstILes | Rebecca, Young Sophisticates | Liz, Sequins and Stripes | Lauren, L.A. in the Bay | Christine, Bijou and Boheme | Sarah, A House in the Hills | Molly + Sally, A PIECE OF TOAST |

{Image Credits: The Alternative Wife, The Glitter Guide, A House in the Hills, Poppies and Posies, Lonny, Rue}

1. Tiffany @ Savor Home said: replied:

Love this post! This was so helpful in helping me sort out all of my feelings and thoughts about my blog in terms of content and balance!

2. The Yuppie Files said: replied:

Love this! Though anyone have suggestions if PhotoShop is not in this public school teacher’s budget?!

17 Jan 2012 | Reply
  3. You need to put together a guide to blogging featuring all of these posts. It would be so pretty + helpful!

4. brightonmyday said: replied:

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this entire post! Really. I love it. Did you create this spread all on your own? I’ve been trying to figure it out because I’ve seen people tweeting about packing for ALT – which means it hasn’t taken place…. Is this just a little prep you prepared for the week?

I love hearing what all these wonderful ladies have to say! And the layout is great and easy to read. Very well done :)

xoxo,
    Brighton from http://www.brightontheday.com

5. Chloe said: replied:

Thank you for this series!! I am a new blogger and these tips are fantastic!

6. Julia said: replied:

This is the best series in the blogosphere right now! Love hearing all of these tips. I always tell bloggers that content is CRUCIAL. thanks for the great tips!

7. HRCK the Herald said: replied:

I am LOVING this series– thank you so much for doling out all these tips!

I’m still trying to figure out my “rhythm,” so it’s useful to see what other bloggers do.

Keep the help coming :)

8. christin said: replied:

Seriously this post is amazing and exactly what I needed to hear. I know my blog isn’t design or really that lifestyle focused, but just being real (no pun intended) is really what I strive to do.

Amazing round up of great bloggers and fantastic tips. Love this series, Victoria!

9. viv said: replied:

This is a great series! So helpful to hear other bloggers talk about these things.

10. houseofearnest said: replied:

awesome!! It’s SO great to hear all of these thoughts and tips! I’m inspired!

17 Jan 2012 | Reply
  11. This serious is fab! I’m hanging on every word. Thanks so much for taking the time to mentor some of us newbies.

12. Tamra said: replied:

I’m enjoying reading everyone else’s answers and how you put the post together as much as I did going through the exercise. Such a great idea victoria and I’m so happy to be apart of it. evernoting this for future reference! xo

13. Lara Matos said: replied:

This was such an awesome idea. I’m having the best time reading through all the answers!

17 Jan 2012 | Reply
  14. Love, love, love – has been so fun seeing everyone else’s ideas!

15. Laetitia said: replied:

Loved this post! :D
    laetitiasweeneyrose.wordpress.com

16. Awesome post and great insight from amazing people, thanks Victoria!! xx

17. Bradley said: replied:

Thank you for including me in this!

18. christine said: replied:

So happy to be a part of such a fantastic series!

19. Taylor O said: replied:

I am loving your mini-alt series!!! Hope you post about Napa and your exciting weekend next week :) !!

20. Carol said: replied:

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

17 Jan 2012 | Reply
  21. Totally loving these updates. The photography one from yesterday has inspired me to get out and snap more photos! And I looove all of the inspiration to just be yourself on your blog from all of these lovely bloggers today. So excited to see what the rest of the week brings :)

22. kristina said: replied:

another great post with some great advice for bloggers, thanks so much! and i love your design sense as well ;)
    xo, k

23. Sara @ Gameday Stylist said: replied:

Great advice!

– Sara @ Gameday Stylist

24. Come See Me On … said: replied:

[...] I am all over the place today in the best sense ever. I am contributing on two of my favorite blogs today: Design Darling and VMacandCheese. [...]

17 Jan 2012 |
  25. wellwhatdoidonow said: replied:

This is such an inspiring series! I’m anxious each morning to learn more about the blogosphere. Thanks VMac for doing this; it’s truly helping me!

26. Nnenna said: replied:

I am really enjoying reading all of the posts in this series and I’m learning so many great tips! I’m going to go back and write down all my favorites and start implementing them little by little :)

27. Lacy said: replied:

Thank you so much for this post – I’m considering venturing out of the corporate world, and into blogging full-time & am thrilled to learn how others are doing it too! Bravo – you are all an inspiration!

28. Lauren said: replied:

gosh I love this series so much. Thanks for letting me contribute! Learning so much!! :)

29. Rowena said: replied:

Been loving all these Mini-Alt Week posts! Thanks for all the great advice/info!

30. casallina said: replied:

Love this… great tips. Thanks for posting!

31. Gaby [The Vault Files] said: replied:

I like to think that people stay true to themselves and really don’t get it why some bloggers make those survey’s so much?! I mean, isn’t your blog about what you like? Why people turn their blogs into what people want to read or what people like? I just don’t get it. And if I’m just being terribly blind, can someone explain it to me? The only way I justify those survey’s is if the blog is an extension of a brand.
    Thanks to all the ladies for some awesome tips! ;)

32. mrs. V [Chez V] said: replied:

Great series and so timely for me. Today was my first post ever. And this is one of the few comments I have ever left on the massive list of blogs I visit daily. Shame on me. Shame on me for not realizing all the dedication, hard work and passion that goes into creating meaningful content. And shame on me for not letting all you lovely bloggers know how much I appreciate your distinct POVs and the inspiration that you all have provided me. I have been heckled by friends and family to just get out there and do it but there are innumerable talents out there that it feels a lot like going to class without clothes on only to find that there is an exam for which you haven’t prepared. These tips will be invaluable to me as I start to share my home, my projects and my life on my blog. Thank you so much for putting this together and to those who contributed! So bring on that calc exam because I did lunges today.

33. Lisa said: replied:

It took me over a year to really feel like I had found my rhythm and voice (though I still feel like it’s ever-evolving) — I am SO glad to know I am not alone in this!! Love these tips.

34. Alexis @ Lex & Learn said: replied:

I freaking L.O.V.E. this series. All of it. Thank you! I’ll be posting about it/linking to it on my blog (lexandlearn.com) tomorrow to make sure my readers know to check back all week!

35. marissa @ the boot said: replied:

wow. this is absolutely amazing. i need to bookmark all of these posts from this week and re-read them often! thank you thank you for giving us this great advice!

18 Jan 2012 | Reply
  36. I was so disappointed that I couldn’t go to ALT, but this makes it sting a little less :) Thank you for this wonderful series!!

18 Jan 2012 | Reply
  37. Gabrielle | Savvy Home said: replied:

I think this one is my favorite yet! Thanks again for including me :) X

18 Jan 2012 | Reply
  38. sarah yates said: replied:

both of these posts were so fantastic! brilliant idea and you put them together perfectly. thanks so much for posting (and also for including me!)
    xoxo

18 Jan 2012 | Reply
  39. [...] Curating great content [...]

24 Jan 2012 |
  40. Nicola said: replied:

Victoria,

Here in SF & I am counting down to my launch date. I am thrilled beyond words to have found the immense resources of your site. Not only is it super positive, it’s so encouraging and full of great you-can-do-it-mojo. It’s the most gosh darned generous source of blog love and know-how I could have ever hoped to find!

Since returning from the Design Blogers Conference in Feb., I am in the overwhelmimgly fun /scary/ super excited / insomniac bursting with inspiration stage – your excellent content will help immensely to calm me down and get me posting!

Thanks so much! ~ Nicola